Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > J.R.R. Tolkien > RPG Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar

Old 07-29-2015, 04:08 PM   #41
Attalus
Swan-Knight of Dol Amroth

Micah Foehammer *he comes in filled with merry anticipation, and spotting Lily sitting with a tall, grim man in travel-stained clothes, but beckoning to him frantically, goes and sits down on the bench next to her*. "Now, Lass, a good evening to tha, and who is your friend?"
Attalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:46 PM   #42
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Lilyblack Gefae *rises and hugs him* Micah, this is Eothain Helmsson, and he spins an adventurous tale. I am minded to perhaps help him, and would be glad of your opinion."
Nerwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 10:10 AM   #43
Attalus

Micah Foehammer *He listens to Eothain's tale all the way through. "All right, then, laddie. Lily, we must talk, in private."
Old 08-01-2015, 04:52 PM   #44
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Lilyblack Gefae "All right, Micah. Eothain, I will meet you here, tomorrow, at the first hour of darkness and give yu my answer."
Old 08-01-2015, 06:31 PM   #45
Attalus

Micah Foehammer *after Eothain has reluctantly left* "Lass, I don't see what your problem is. Either give him the dingus or don't. What do you need advice from e for? As far as that goes, I would say 'no,' for it is a precious thing."
Old 08-03-2015, 03:56 PM   #46
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Lilyblack Gefae *looks at him earnestly* "But Micah, this is an adventure, maybe the last that will come my way. Things have been so dull, working in a meaningless job and wandering empty, mean streets. This seems to be calling me."
Old 08-03-2015, 06:35 PM   #47
Attalus

Micah Foehammer "Just you remember that for every 'adventure' the bards sing about, there are a hundred bodies lying in unmarked graves in the wilderness. Nae, lass, dinnae do this thing."
Old 08-04-2015, 09:01 PM   #48
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Lilyblack Gefae "But, Micah, theis may be my one chance to have an adventure. The bards don't sing about women who worked all their life for the Department of Works of Edoras and then fell down a hole and died."
“Faërie contains many things besides elves and fays, and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants, or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted.” - JRRT. "On Faerie-Stories"
Old 08-06-2015, 08:08 PM   #49
Attalus

Micah Foehammer "Hmph, that's as may be. Listen, lass, meet me here at the hour before sunset Maybe, I will have aught for tha."
Old 08-07-2015, 12:32 PM   #50
Attalus

Micah Foehammer*The next night he visits the tavern, bringing with him a younger Dwarf. He sees Lily sitting by herself, staring at him. "Now, Lass, are ye still set on this mad escapade?"
Old 08-07-2015, 07:28 PM   #51
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Lilyblack Gefae *She narrows her eyes* "That's as may be. Who's your friend? I've not seen him about."
Old 08-08-2015, 02:07 PM   #52
Attalus

Micah Foehammer "This be Snorri. He just blew into town, as it were, and is not finding things to his liking. He is willing, for a favor I granted him, to accompany you as far as the gates of Hollin, and further, maybe, depending on liking." *Here he cocked an owlish eye at Lily, seeing her skeptical look* "I can vouch for his trustiness."
Old 08-08-2015, 06:09 PM   #53
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Lilyblack Gefae *Looks him up and down* "Snorri, eh? Not a name I have ever heard. What is the rest of your name and who is your family?"
Old 08-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #54
Attalus

Snorri Those things are my business, Mistress, and ye'll not get them merely for the asking. I hae promised Master Foehammer that I will accompany ye and protect ye from all dangers that lie before us, but trust has to be earned on both sides."
Old 08-14-2015, 05:14 PM   #55
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Lilyblack Gefae "So you want to be the mysterious Dwarf,eh, Master Snorri?. Well, if Micah vouches for you, that is enough for me. " *she spits in the palm of her hand and holds it out to him*
Old 08-14-2015, 07:15 PM   #56
Attalus

Snorri*He spits in his own and grasps her outstretched palm.*" Comrades, then, to the gates of Hollin and perhaps beyond, eh? But, according to Micah's description, this is our bird."
Old 08-14-2015, 07:51 PM   #57
Attalus

Eothain *He eases in to gradually get used to the bright light after the dark out of doors. He sees Lily seated with Micah and a strange Dwarf with a fair beard. They are all looking at him, so he readily goes over to join them* "Good evening, all. Mistress Lilyblack, I hope you have a good answer to give me."
Old 08-15-2015, 10:59 AM   #58
Nerwen
Elven Warrior

Lilyblack Gefae"I have an answer, whether it was the one you hoped or looked for or not, Master Eothain. I will lend - lend, that is, not give - you the brooch but I must accompany it. Myself, and Snorri, here. We have an itching foot, you see, and would be shed of Edoras this while."
Old 08-16-2015, 09:10 PM   #59
Attalus

Eothain *Looks at them bleakly* "This is a serious journey, not a romantic adventure. There are dangers I would not subject another young maid to. And, you, Master Dwarf, can you handle an axe as well as your ancestors?"
Old 08-16-2015, 09:13 PM   #60
Attalus

Snorri "I can and have done. No Man, however tall and grim, can boast over me ." *He reaches into his pack by his side, and draws out a huge axe, well-worn* "This axe was given the name Lonesome Road" by my ancestor, and he is not the only one who has wielded it, Master Eothain."