Entmoot

Go Back   Entmoot > Other Topics > Entertainment Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2015, 05:20 PM   #1
tolkienfan
Elf Lord

Video Games

Inspired by recent discussions in the Teacup, here a place to geek out, share, debate, and talk about your favorite video games!

Current favorite: League of Legends

It combines strategy, skill, and teamwork in what is almost certainly the most obsession-inducing game I've ever played. I made it to Silver last season, and am currently in Bronze IV (yes, I know that means I kind of suck ) If you play, feel free to look me up as... "Tolkienfan13"! (you'd never have guessed, huh!)

Favorite childhood game: The Sims

This game pretty much taught me everything I needed to know about life. Starting out is hard, but if you work for what you want, you'll get there eventually. Don't put wallpaper on the outside of your house. Babies cry a LOT, and must be attended to no matter how sleep-deprived you get. "Criminal mastermind" is a perfectly acceptable career option. Be sure to save your game just before having a baby, so if you get an ugly one you can go back to the save point and try again. Don't get into a pool that has less than two exits. And of course, ALWAYS hire a maid. Best $10/hr you can spend

Thanks so much to Last Child of Ungoliant, Twista, and BeardofPants for my avatar!
tolkienfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 07:05 AM   #2
Mari
Elf Lady

I've never heard of League of Legends, but it sounds interesting.

I have a 4-day weekend and decided to start up one of the very few games I keep returning to (because I still haven't beaten the system >_<): Civilization III.

I never liked the Sims, though I played some of the sim games like Simcity and Simtower. Tycoon was good too (the original, all the other games I didn't like).

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 04:00 AM   #3
Mari
Elf Lady

I've been playing Endless Space the last couple of days. It's Civilization III but in space. Still haven't beaten it even though I tweaked lots of things. (I operate on the system: beat them with an easy game first, then go a step more advanced)

...The Earth laughs in flowers ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson, "Hamatreya"...
Mari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2015, 05:14 PM   #4
Acalewia
Halfelven Daughter of the Dunedain, President of Entmoot

[QUOTE=tolkienfan;674311]Inspired by recent discussions in the Teacup, here a place to geek out, share, debate, and talk about your favorite video games!

Current favorite: League of Legends

It combines strategy, skill, and teamwork in what is almost certainly the most obsession-inducing game I've ever played. I made it to Silver last season, and am currently in Bronze IV (yes, I know that means I kind of suck ) If you play, feel free to look me up as... "Tolkienfan13"! (you'd never have guessed, huh!)[quote]

Is that on computer only?

Quote:
Favorite childhood game: The Sims

This game pretty much taught me everything I needed to know about life. Starting out is hard, but if you work for what you want, you'll get there eventually. Don't put wallpaper on the outside of your house. Babies cry a LOT, and must be attended to no matter how sleep-deprived you get. "Criminal mastermind" is a perfectly acceptable career option. Be sure to save your game just before having a baby, so if you get an ugly one you can go back to the save point and try again. Don't get into a pool that has less than two exits. And of course, ALWAYS hire a maid. Best $10/hr you can spend
lol in the past couple of years I started playing Sims Medieval. I had a game where I named my character after LotR characters...

I'm a console player and I recently finished my second playthrough for Dragon Age Inquisition. I'm addicted to that game. I also finally broke down and got an Xbox Live account. I go by RavenWolf2015 there. Only because IceQueenofMitera is too long and the Moot is the only place left that I still go by Acalewia as

Don't meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

"Don't be such a sour wolf" Stiles ~ Heart Monitor

http://www.wattpad.com/user/IceQueenofMitera
Acalewia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2015, 10:34 PM   #5
Princess Fluttershy
Hobbit

i play sims myself a nice pace with fun involved
Princess Fluttershy is offline   Reply With Quote